Studio H Canada International Artists Residency is excited to announce a new online workshop, Expressive Drawing with Patricia Eschuk to take place over four weeks April-May 2023.
Dates: Saturdays April 15, 22, 29, and May 6, 2023.
Time: 1-3pm Central Time
Cost: $200 CAD (4 sessions – does not include materials)
Please complete the form below to register.
This exciting workshop will focus on the exploration of one’s artistic voice by bringing awareness to the inner dialogues of thought, emotion, and decision making and the physical body in time and space.
Participants will learn how to integrate this awareness into their artistic process as they explore various expressive drawing exercises with dry and wet mediums.
This workshop will help individuals to access their intuitive instincts as well as training the eye and trusting the hand.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is for any level of experience and interest in drawing. Practicing artists can broaden their self awareness utilizing the techniques and insight of Patricia.
About the Instructor
Patricia has mentored with various Manitoba artists and in 2011 she completed the Mentoring Artists for Women’s Art (MAWA) mentorship program. She went on to complete her Fine Arts Degree at the University of Manitoba in 2018.
Patricia also worked and taught as a physical therapist and holistic energy healing practitioner. Patricia’s extensive understanding and experience in working manually with the human body and its energy consciousness system influences her art work by imbuing it with vibrant, expressive energy and sensitivity.
Patricia was Artist in Residence at Studio H Canada International Artist Residency in the spring of 2022 – we are thrilled to welcome her as instructor for these workshops.
You can learn more about Patricia on her website: https://patriciaeschuk.com and follow her on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/patriciaeschuk/
Materials and Set up Information
Registered participants will receive an email with details about getting prepared and set up for the workshop online, including recommendations about your materials and physical set up. The Zoom meeting will be open 15 minutes early so participants can enter early and test their audio/video.
- Pad of newsprint paper, 18 x 24”
- Sketchbook. Anything with 90 lb paper or more; I like ones with about 130lb paper so that I can work the paper hard and it won’t tear. I like using a medium size sketchbook (11 x 8.5”) but feel free to choose whatever size you’re drawn to.
- HB, 2H, 4B pencils
- White eraser
- Charcoal—Whatever type you prefer, but be aware that soft charcoal makes a rich black mark and the hard charcoal makes a scratchier, thinner mark. You can also buy both to try the difference
- One or two conte sticks preferably black
- Glue stick
- Begin collecting different types and sizes of paper from around your house (newspaper, brown paper bag, cardboard, old envelopes, tissue paper, etc.) that you can use to draw on in the third class
- Different dry mediums to try out in fourth class (pencil crayons, crayons, oil pastels, graphite sticks, chalk pastels, felt pens, ink pens) just use what you have. You don’t need to go out and buy all these things. If you don’t have anything maybe just buy one thing on the list that interests you.
- Drawing board and something a few inches high to prop up the top like a piece of scrap wood or a thick book.
Registration Information & Sign Up Form
Deadline to register: April 8, 2023
Cancellation and Refunds – full refunds will be made for cancellations by the registration deadline. 50% of the registration fee will apply to cancellations by the start of the workshop. No refunds can be made after the start of the workshop.
Payment: Payments can be made by eTransfer or PayPal to email@example.com. For convenience, payments can be made in installments: 50% deposit at the time of registration and final payment by the first day of the workshop on April 15, 2023.